Antivirus software is a computer program that detects,prevents and takes action to deactivate or remove malicious programs (Viruses,worms,adware etc).
Antivirus program runs in background all the time and informs the user when some malware is detected.
Antivirus software protect computer connected to the network computers.
Some examples of antivirus software are:
- Symantec Antivirus software
- McAfee Antivirus software
- AVG Antivirus
Everyday new viruses are spreading and infecting millions of computer across the world.For all computer users it is very important to have proper antivirus program installed in their computers to secure the data and programs.
Following are some widely used antivirus programs.
- Symantec Antivirus (SAV)
- McAfee Antivirus
- AVG (Antivirus Guard)
Symantec Corporation is the largest maker of security software for computers.Symantec Antivirus (SAV) is a very powerful effective program, which can protect computers from different kinds of safety issues.
Following is a list of features of Symantec Antivirus software:
- Symantec Antivirus (SAV) performs virus scanning both on-demand and real-time in the background while using the computer.
- Protects a computer against the latest viruses,spyware and other threats.
- Lets user chat,e-mail and share files without worry.
- A quarantine feature isolate infected files in a safe area on the computer until they will repaired.
- The Live Update feature make sure that the SAV scanner always has the latest Virus Definitions.
McAfee Virus Scan is an antivirus program created and maintained by McAfee Incorporation.McAfee antivirus offers effective security to the computer from attacks of malware.
McAfee Virus Scan Enterprise combines antivirus, anti-spyware,firewall and hacking prevention technologies to stop and remove malicious software.
AVG is antivirus software developed by AVG Technologies, a private Czech company formerly known as Grisoft.It provides Internet security for Windows,Linux and Mac OS X.AVG stand for Antivirus Guard.
One version of AVG is available for free which can be downloaded from the Internet.
The AVG Free Edition application provides basic protection for surfing,searching and social networking.AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition is only available for single computer use for home and non commercial use.
In AVG, updating of virus definitions is performed automatically.
Scanning the computer for threats like viruses, worms and adware etc is very important to keep a computer system in good working condition.It helps to protect a computer from different computer security threats.
User needs to install antivirus software on the computer to do this very important task. The antivirus software enables the user to detect and remove computer viruses and repair infected files if possible.
Follow these steps to scan the computer using AVG antivirus software:
Run AVG antivirus software using the following steps:
- Click Start > programs > AVG Free Edition >AVG Antivirus Free Edition for Windows
- Click "Update Manager" for updates (Internet connection is required). Always check for updates before scanning computer.
Once you start the update, AVG will first verify whether there are new update files available. If so, AVG start their downloading and launches the update process itself.Once it finishes downloading the update, it will install it, and may restart AVG Free Edition.
- Click "Scan now" button and it will then start scanning the computer for infected files.This will take some time.
- The "whole computer Scan" option can be launched directly from the scanning interface by clicking on it, the scanning will start.
- If viruses are detected, they will be automatically removed or sent to the "virus vault".
I hope you like my post and feel free to comment.